The Hannibal School District has a strong belief that students success is closely tied to a head start well before he/she starts in the regular classroom. The Early Childhood Development Center, centralizes all District Early Childhood Education programs.
The facility consists of:
- Nine Pre-K classrooms designed for 14 children per classroom
- Early Childhood Special Education Classroom
- Early Intensive Behavior Intervention / Sensory Classroom for Autistic Children
- Infant and Toddler Classroom (licensed by the state)
- Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy treatment area
- Multi-Purpose Gym / Play Area, used by both Pre-K and Parents as Teachers
- District Early Student Screening and Testing space
- Parent Educator resource room
- New Beginnings Classroom and Parenting Education Space
The building contains many environmentally conscious features such as timber construction, clerestory glass for maximum day lighting, and a VRF-HVAC system for low utility usage.