Architechnics’ long history of providing quality architectural, engineering and planning services in Quincy, Illinois and the surrounding area began in 1921 with the partnership of Wilbert E. Hafner and George P. Behrensmeyer. Over 5,500 construction projects have been completed by the firm during its first 95 years helping to establish Quincy as a premiere city, architecturally. In 1983, led by Anthony E. Crane and Al G. Dierkes, the name became Architechnics to reflect the team philosophy of the firm. Todd Moore has been the President of the firm since 2001.
In addition to the 5,500 projects completed since 1921, Architechnics also owns the drawing collections of:
- Martin Geise, Architect
- Donald Hafner, Architect
- Meyer and Peter, Architects
- Drawings from other Architects including John Benya
Quincy’s history of Architectural design is comprised of two major architectural firms. The firm of George Behrensmeyer (currently Architechnics) and the firm of Charles Behrensmeyer. The firm of George Behrensmeyer is now Architechnics. The firm of Charles Behrensmeyer later became the firm of Meyer and Peter, Architects (including the prominent Architect, Frank Horn).
In 1989, Architechnics was given the drawing collection of Martin Geise and Donald Hafner (Donald was a nephew of Wilbert Hafner.) Donald practiced as an independent Architect from early to mid 1900’s. Martin Geise practiced as an independent Architect from the late 1800’s to early 1940’s.
In 1998, Architechnics purchased the drawing collection of Meyer and Peter, Architects.
These drawing collections, in addition to the history of Architechnics, comprise an estimated 85-90% of the prominent buildings and residences built in Quincy.
HISTORY OF PARTNERSHIPS
1898-1921 George Behrensmeyer, Architect
1921- 1947 Behrensmeyer and Hafner
1947-1955 Hafner and Hafner
1955-1966 Hafner, Hafner and Stranckmeyer
1966-1968 Hafner, Stranckmeyer and Dierkes
1968-1982 Hafner, Dierkes and Flachs
1982-1983 Hafner and Dierkes
1983-Present Architechnics, Inc.