Holy Rosary Catholic School has served the Holy Rosary and surrounding catholic community since 1901 when Fr. Sullivan and the Dominican Sisters started the school. Then in 1921 under the tenure of Fr. Connolly the present school building was built. Over the intervening years the building has served the community well but long term maintenance and the functional needs for a modern educational system are no longer adequately met. A new building will allow for students to be educated in a manner that will meet the mission to "Make one's faith become living, conscious and active through the light of instruction."
To meet that mission the masonry and steel building design features 34,421 square feet that accommodates 250 children. The building serves grades Pre-k through 8th Grade on one level that is ADA compliant. Students will be taught in versatile and flexible self contained classrooms that can change with varying student enrolment. Due to the difference in curriculum of the different class levels, students are segregating by grade level. The primary & intermediate grades Pre-K through 4th are on one side of shared use functions such as the gym or cafeteria and the middle school grades 5th through 8th are on the other.
Other Shared use spaces and functions include The kitchen and cafeteria, The Computer lab, the Library and the Music classroom. This music room is connected to the stage. The Gymnasium, which replaces the Msgr. Connolly Gymnasium built in 1954 with have a full competition basketball court and it has an opening to the stage, so Gym, Stage, and Music are interconnected.
An overriding feature of the building is passive security. All personnel should be able to see out of the building and monitor the surroundings while those entering the building should have to be monitored by staff who will check them in through a non-intrusive security corridor.